VISITING AND SAFETY RULES OF VENTSPILS SCIENCE CENTRE VIZIUM
- Ventspils Science Centre VIZIUM is a structural unit of Ventspils State City Municipal Institution “Ventspils Digital Centre” (hereinafter – Ventspils Digital Centre).
- These Rules stipulate successful operation of the Science Centre VIZIUM and the procedures of visiting the Centre.
- Visitors of the Centre are obliged to observe the internal rules of procedure and safety rules of the Science Centre VIZIUM, as well as instructions given by employees of the Centre.
- By acquiring an entry ticket to the Science Centre VIZIUM, the visitor confirms that he/she has become acquainted with the internal rules of procedure of the Science Centre VIZIUM, agrees to these rules and undertakes to follow them.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for acquainting children with the rules, ensuring compliance with the rules, as well as conduct of children and looking after them while visiting the Science Centre, always staying within a visible distance from the child during the use of exhibits.
- Visitors shall treat employees and other visitors, as well as the equipment and exhibits of the Science Centre VIZIUM, with respect.
- Visitors shall follow the queue order at ticket offices and exhibits of the Science Centre VIZIUM.
- The Science Centre VIZIUM is available for visitors during the following opening hours:
Monday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Tuesday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Wednesday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Thursday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Friday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Saturday: from 10:00 to 19:00
Sunday: from 10:00 to 17:00
- During the visit of the Science Centre, visitors can park their vehicle at the parking lot of the Science Centre VIZIUM free of charge.
- The exhibition halls can be entered by presenting a valid entry ticket of the Science Centre VIZIUM. Tickets for visiting the Science Centre VIZIUM can be acquired:
- 10.1. at ticket offices of the Science Centre VIZIUM, paying in cash (only euro) or using bank payment cards. Due to safety considerations, the staff of the Science Centre VIZIUM may refuse to accept banknotes with the nominal of EUR 100 or more from the customer;
- 10.2. on the homepage of the Science Centre VIZIUM www.vizium.lv in the section “Tickets”, using the offered payment methods;
- 10.3. in the form of gift card of the Science Centre VIZIUM, paying in cash (only euro) or using bank payment cards. Electronic gift cards can be acquired on the homepage of the Science Centre VIZIUM www.vizium.lv in the section “Tickets”, using the offered payment methods.
- When submitting vents, a discount applies for the visit of exhibition halls – upon submitting 100 vents, a discount of EUR 1.00 from the ticket value can be received.
- When buying discounted tickets, a document confirming that the person is eligible to use the respective discount shall be presented at the ticket office of the Science Centre VIZIUM.
- The ticket to the Science Centre VIZIUM is valid for 4 hours – during this time, the visitor can leave and enter the exhibition halls for an unlimited number of times.
- The Science Centre VIZIUM does not assume responsibility for lost tickets. Tickets are not duplicated and/or their copies are not issued.
- Childred up to 13 years of age can stay at the Little Explorers Gallery of the Science Centre VIZIUM only in the presence of parents or guardians.
- At the Science Centre VIZIUM, it is prohibited:
- 16.1. to use the virtual reality exhibits “Drawing in the Virtual Reality”, “VR Ride” and “Virtual Travel”, if the child's height is less than 140cm;
- 16.2. to damage the equipment and exhibits of the Science Centre VIZIUM;
- 16.3. to run, scream and disturb other visitors;
- 16.4. to eat and drink in the premises of the Science Centre, except the lobby and cafe area;
- 16.5. to unreasonably hinder employees of the Science Centre during performing their direct job duties or distract them;
- 16.6. to insult or threaten other visitors and/or employees of the Science Centre VIZIUM with one's language or behaviour;
- 16.7. to smoke (incl. electronic cigarettes) indoors and closer than 10m from all entrances of the Science Centre VIZIUM;
- 16.8. to ride a skateboard, roller skate, ride a bicycle and/or any other device (except the devices included in the exhibition of the Science Centre VIZIUM);
- 16.9. to visit the premises of the Science Centre with pets;
- 16.10. to visit the Centre under the influence of intoxicating substances;
- 16.11. to carry and use alcoholic beverages inside the Centre premises;
- 16.12. to carry objects, cold weapons and/or firearms, narcotic substances, incl. syringes and other sharp objects, which may endanger safety of other persons;
- 16.13. to distribute brochures or other literature not coordinated with the administration of Ventspils Digital Centre.
- Employees of the Science Centre VIZIUM are entitled:
- 17.1. to point out and reprimand a customer(-s) for the behaviour and/or conduct, which does not comply with the rules of the Science Centre VIZIUM or disturb other visitors (in case of repeated violations – to expel the visitor from the Science Centre VIZIUM);
- 17.2. after receiving a person's consent, to check suspicious objects and prohibit from carrying them inside the premises of the Science Centre VIZIUM;
- 17.3. after receiving a person's consent, to search bags of visitors in case of any concerns about their contents;
- 17.4. to expel from the Science Centre VIZIUM, without refunding money for the ticket(-s), persons who violate the rules of the Science Centre VIZIUM, disturb public order, are clearly under the influence of alcohol or disturb other visitors of the Science Centre (in case of serious violation – to call security and detain the person until the police arrives);
- 17.5. to refuse selling a ticket and serving a person, if the person is clearly under the influence of alcohol and/or disturbs public order (in such cases the money for booked tickets and paid services is not refunded);
- 17.6. to refuse selling a ticket to a person who does not observe personal hygiene or general epidemiological safety rules;
- 17.7. to refuse selling a ticket to a person who violates the internal rules of procedure of the Science Centre VIZIUM, as well as in cases of detecting fraud;
- 17.8. for non-compliance with the requirements of the rules and damaging of the equipment and exhibits, disturbing behaviour and other violations, the guilty person may be expelled from the Science Centre VIZIUM or held liable pursuant to the procedures stipulated by laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
- The Science Centre VIZIUM is a public event venue, where photo and video recording can take place; photos and video materials can be used for the purposes of protection of the legitimate interests and publicity of Ventspils Digital Centre.
- During visiting the Science Centre VIZIUM, visitors are allowed to take photos and record videos with their experience only for non-commercial purposes. For creation of commercial materials, a prior written permission from marketing specialists of Ventspils Digital Centre shall be received.
- The administration of the Science Centre VIZIUM is entitled to determine and change without a prior notice and at own discretion:
- 20.1. opening hours of the Science Centre;
- 20.2. ticket prices;
- 20.3. additional reliefs and discounts for customers belonging to certain groups;
- 20.4. range of exhibits available at the exhibition halls.
- Visitors are obliged to responsibly assess their own and their child's capabilities before trying any exhibit. In case of feeling unwell or other emergency circumstances, please address the service staff.
- In case of technical errors of exhibits, please inform the staff of the Science Centre VIZIUM.
- Conduct in emergency situations, including when medical aid is required:
- 23.1. immediately report the emergency situation to employees of the Science Centre VIZIUM;
- 23.2. follow the instructions given by employees of the Science Centre VIZIUM.
- Any belongings left in the premises of the Science Centre VIZIUM are stored for 1 month; after this period, the belongings are donated for charity or disposed of.
- Keys of the locker room shall be inserted back into the locks of their respective lockers.
- Waste can be discarded only into waste containers specifically intended for this purpose, located in exhibition halls, the lobby and toilets.